About Malviya National Institute of Technology, [MNIT] Jaipur
The college was established in 1963 with the name as Malaviya Regional Engineering College, Jaipur as a joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Rajasthan, Subsequently; on June 26, 2002 the college has been given the status of National Institute of Technology and on 15 August 2007, Proclaimed Institute of National Importance through Act of Parliament. The Institute is fully funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. More than 12,000 students have already been graduated since its establishment.Extending into an area of over 317 acres of lush greenery, the campus of the Institute is imaginatively laid-out with a picturesque landscape. It presents a spectacle of harmony in modern architecture, and natural beauty which enthralls and inspires.The campus of the institute consisting of the institute buildings, halls of residence and staff colony. It is a residential campus offering accomodation to faculty, staff and students.The campus provides all essential amenities for community living like staff clubs, hospital, bank, post office, community centre, school, staff residences, gymnasium, playing fields, guest houses, 24 Hours internet connectivity, and canteen etc.
- MNIT is a premier engineering institution of India and is placed 4th by various ranking agencies among National Institutes of Technology.
- NITs along with IITs are considered elite engineering institutions of the country. It was ranked 20th by Edu Rand and Digit magazine, 20th by Collegekhabar, 23rd by Mint, 19th by 4icu
- MNIT follows the credit-based system of performance evaluation, with proportional weighting of courses based on their importance.
- The total marks (usually out of 100) form the basis of grades, with a grade value (out of 10) assigned to a range of marks.
- This range of marks is decided by Grade Moderation Committee and is relative in nature. For each semester, the students are graded by taking a weighted average from all the courses with their respective credit points.
- Each semester's evaluation is done independently with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) reflecting the average performance across semesters.
Collaboration with International Universities
- University of Greenwich, London
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- North Dakota University
- University of Saskatchewan
- Deakin University
- Florida International University
- University of Dundee
- Medine Education, Mauritius
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Centre for Energy and Environment
- Earthquake and Disaster Mitigation Centre
- Innovation and Incubation Centre
- Materials Research Centre
- Tribology Laboratory
- Science departments
- Applied Biology
- Physics (Photonics and Electronics )
- Management Studies
- Allied departments
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Physical Education
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary details
- Address: Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Jhalana Gram, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302017
- Phone: 0141 252 9087