Reviews About Kishinchand Chellaram College of Arts, Commerce & Science, [KCCACS] Mumbai
04 Jul 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY:
- The teaching staff at KC College is extremely good. As it produces one of the best results in town, undoubtedly some or most of the credit goes to their lecturers. Science department have a few teachers with towering attitude problems but the Commerce and Arts staff is quite friendly. The teachers are very experienced and are truly dedicated to their subjects. On a whole, the teaching staff gets a ‘thumbs up’. If there is something called as 'complete package', KC should be the top in your list. One of the high ranked colleges in the city, KC is known for its legacy, the kind of students, teaching and amazing personality. It
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS:
- ‘Kiran’, the annual college festival held in September while ‘Blitzkrieg’ is the festival of BMM, held in November. Both the festivals are conducted on a huge scale and you often see a lot of celebrities and filmstars make their way to the college.
B.SC (Biotechnology), batch of 2016
17 Apr 2015
ACADEMICS & FACULTY:
KC College is one of the premier institutions of Mumbai which offers a host of courses ranging in all fields. The college offers all three streams of education at the junior college level as well bachelors degree in arts, science as well as commerce. The college also houses students pursuing professional courses such as BBI, BFM, BAF and BMS. The BMM Department of KC College is considered the best in the city. KC College also offers a postgraduate program in Nuclear Chemistry and is one of the few institutions to house a fully equipped nuclear chemistry laboratory. Along with this, KC College also offers degrees in law. The faculty of the college is varied and does have some of the most experienced and innovative minds. Along with this, the college also encourages young and aspiring professors. One of the most striking features is that the professors and the staff try to maintain a very cordial and friendly relationship with the students.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE & INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE:
The HSNC Board signed a one of a kind contract with the State of Pennsylvania last year, in order to ensure a quality exposure to the students at an international frontier. The students a supposed to benefit from this with regards to student exchange programs, exposure to international faculty and ease in pursuing Masters programs at international universities. The college also houses a counsellor who advises the students intending to pursue a career internationally. The college also organizes programs for universities visiting India in order to help students gain an insight on international universities and their functioning.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS:
KC College strongly believes in the idea of a holistic development and pursues this belief in its activities. The school houses many associations and clubs in order to help students broaden their horizons. These clubs have been carefully formed in order to help students explore and connect with their inner self and find their true interests. S.Co.P.E or The Cultural Club is one of the most sort after associations which is responsible for the organization of a host of cultural activities including the annual cultural festival, Kiran. Sports also find an important place in the co-curricular activities. The NSS unit of the college has won prestigious accolades and is highly regarded at the university level. The Rotaract Club and The Student Council are also highly active during the academic year. Clubs such as The Environment Club and The Gender Issues Cell are formed with the idea of creating a more informed and socially sensitive class of citizens of the country. These student bodies are instrumental in bringing like minded people together and harboring knowledge and encouraging innovation.
One of the most striking features of KC College is its all inclusive nature and the quality of acceptance of every individual irrespective of their social or economic standing. The demographic of the students is highly varied and students for all backgrounds are accepted and also manage to maintain cordial relations with one another. The placement of the college plays a vital role in providing some hangout places for the students and they do seem to make the most of it. Most of the students feel at ease and readily embrace the college as their own. The supporting staff plays a very essential role in maintaining a conducive environment for the students which catalysis their growth and development.
B.Com in Accounts & Finance (BAF), batch of 2018
11 Nov 2015
ACADEMICS & FACULTY:
- Timings are from 10:30am which is good.
- Excellent quality of teaching. Regular lectures and projects.
About Kishinchand Chellaram College of Arts, Commerce & Science, [KCCACS] Mumbai
Kishinchand Chellaram College Arts, Commerce and Science, Mumbai was established in 1954 under the aegis of the Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board, H(S)NC Board. It is affiliated to University of Mumbai and recognised by Government of Maharashtra. It was the second institution that the Management set up in Bombay after it relocated itself in the city, following the aftermath of Partition. It is reaccredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The aim of the college is to make each student techno savvy so as to enable him/her to stand out in this increasingly technological world.
To emerge as a center of academic excellence aiming at value aiming at value based holistic development of students equipped for global challenges.
To disseminate quality education
Foster academic excellence
Develop attitudes conducive to life long learning
“Salvation through knowledge” Knowledge in its highest sense – Wisdom, Truth and Realisation.
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- Department of History
- Department of Economics
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Communication and Journalism
- Department of Management Studies
Courses Offered :-
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Physics)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Biochemistry)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Life Sciences)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Microbiology)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Computer Science)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Mathematics
- Master of Science [M.Sc] (Inorganic Chemistry)
- Master of Science [M.Sc] (Organic Chemistry)
- Master of Science [M.Sc] (Analytical Chemistry)
- Master of Science [M.Sc] (Microbiology)
- Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry)
- Ph.D. (Inorganic Chemistry(Nuclear & RadioChemistry))