FIVE STEP PROCESS
Step-1. Apply online or fill hard copy of application (down loaded) or purchased from office/sale point.
Step-2 Fill in actual marks obtained in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2016, once the results are announced (April 2016) at the on-line link provided on the web site or provide hard copy of the score card to the University before last date of application.
Step-3. Announcement of Merit List based on actual marks in paper -1 of JEE (Main) 2016.
Step-4. Counseling( if name shortlisted) shall be held on-line/conducted at specified venue(s) around 25 June 2016. Monitor and view the University website, for more details, without fail.
Step-5. Registration and commencement of classes, by End July, 2016(Tentative).
The Times of India Group is India’s largest and oldest media entity, with a 175-year legacy of trust, knowledge and public service. Driven by the larger aim of enhancing India’s higher education infrastructure, and building on our rich legacy, the Group is setting up Bennett University, in Greater Noida. The University will provide its students a premium learning experience supported by research-driven faculty, global academic partnerships and a well-rounded industry-centric curriculum, preparing them to compete and prosper in a rapidly transforming world.
Bennett University is located in Greater Noida, less than an hour’s drive from South Delhi. When fully operational, the expansive 68-acre campus will accommodate over 13,000 students. Designed by the renowned Singapore-based RSP Architects, Bennett University’s sprawling campus is visualized as a modern, user-centric, functional space, enabling an immersive and comprehensive learning experience.
The LOI for establishment of the University has been issued by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Subject to legislative approval. LOI issued by Govt of UP.
Please carefully note the following, before filling the application form / applying online:
- Merely filling an application form does not entitle the candidate for the admission or ensure call for counseling. The admission and counseling call is purely Merit based. No refund of application fee is entitled in case candidate is not called for counseling for failing to qualify in the merit list.
- Non submission of application form or marks as required, before due date shall debar a candidate from being considered for merit.
- The University does not admit students based on central counseling by CBSE. It shall conduct its own counseling, as per its own merit drawn amongst received applications.
- Candidates must have appeared in Paper 1 of JEE-(Main) 2016 conducted by the CBSE and fulfil the eligibility criteria.
PROGRAMS AND SEATS ON OFFER
The tentative number of seats for Academic Session 2016-17 is as given in the table below:
NO. OF SEATS#
Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
Mechanical Engineering (Mech)
# includes SC/ST and General category seats. number may change depending on the academic profiles of the candidates.
Criteria of subjects in 10+2 Exams
Min 5 Subjects in 10+2 or its equivalent examination (as defined by JEE) with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Candidates with 4 subjects in 10+2 class are not eligible.
Criteria of Marks in 10+2 Exams
The candidate must obtain minimum of 60% aggregate marks in three subjects to include Physics, and Mathematics (Compulsory) and one subject amongst Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science, informatics practices and multimedia and web technology. The marks shall be verified at the time of document inspection.
Criteria of Qualifying Examination
The minimum academic qualification for admission to any one of the programs is as laid down by JEE. The 10+2 Exam must be passed in 2014, 2015 or 2016. All candidates who are offered provisional admission during counseling will be required to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) to the University authorities during document inspection at the time of counseling/ registration, failing which, such provisional admission will stand cancelled.
If the results of 10+2 examinations are likely to be declared after 15, July, 2016 the candidates are advised to seek admission next year. No representations for extension of dates shall be entertained.
Criteria for Date of Birth
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01,October, 1995 (Date of Birth as recorded in the High School/Secondary Education Board/University Certificate only will be taken as authentic) are only eligible to apply for admission.
General Instructions on conditions of Eligibility
- Candidates must produce certificate of proof of the above conditions at the time of counseling failing which, they will be disqualified.
- If an applicant is found ineligible even at a later date after admission to the University, his/her admission will stand cancelled. All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/ documents of the candidates. The decision of the Admissions Committee of the University regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
For further details regarding the admission process please check the following link :